The Architecture + Design Film Festival (A+DFF) in Winnipeg is the only Canadian festival devoted solely to architecture and design and presents critically acclaimed films focusing on the importance of architecture and design in everyday life. A+DFF’s ArchiShorts 2-minute film contest celebrates the narrative potential of places, real and imagined.
SDC student winners included:
- Princess Guntalilib and Paige Thomsen – Kaleidoscope Prize for “Next Stop.”
- Alyssa Cove – Propinquity Prize for “Silhouette.”
- Alexandra Mills and Danielle Green – Honorable Mention for “Transfiguration.”
- Abigail Graybeal and Kaitlyn O’Bara – Honorable Mention for “Sage Dragonflies.”
- Kaylin MacDougall and Sawyer Vessey – Honorable Mention for “Eye of the Storm.”
Films were produced in studios led by Vahid Vahdat.
As ArchiShorts award winners, their films will be screened live online, April 17, noon (CDT), as part of Winnipeg’s 10th annual Architecture + Design Film Festival.