APPLICATION DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
The M.Arch program accepts applications for each Fall semester through the priority deadline of January 10. Applications may be accepted after that date on a space available basis. Admission decisions will be sent by March 15 via e-mail from SDC.Info@wsu.edu.
SUBMIT TO GRADUATE SCHOOL
The following items must be submitted directly to the WSU Graduate School:
- Online application and non-refundable application fee ($90). Please note, the M.Arch program is not able to provide fee waivers for the application fee.
- International student documents (if applicable)
- TOEFL (minimum 80 internet-based test) or IELTS (minimum 7.0) test scores
- Financial verification
- GRE scores are not required for this program.
SUBMIT TO M.ARCH PROGRAM
The following materials must be submitted to SDC.Info@wsu.edu with subject line “M.Arch Application.”
- Personal statement (250-500 words): reasons for pursuing graduate study in architecture at WSU, personal values and beliefs regarding architecture, and how you expect to build upon your ideas through your graduate studies.
- Resume: principal extra-curricular activities in which you actively participated, and offices held, if any; honors, awards, financial aid, publications, and professional organizations and licensure; employment during or since postsecondary schooling, with most recent listed first; list of travel and other notable experiences not included in employment record.
- Digital Portfolio of design work using high-quality images and a brief narrative of each project representing highest ability and skill in areas of design, drawing and representation, model making, freehand drawing, diagramming, and overall creativity. Painting, sculpture, watercolor, creative writing, photography or other fine arts may be included. If professional work is submitted, identify your specific involvement in the project. Please refer to Appendix H of the M.Arch Handbook for portfolio requirements and best practices.
- Scanned copy of transcripts (unofficial is acceptable) and English language test scores (TOEFL or IELTS if applicable).
All applicants for admission to the M.Arch graduate program must apply separately to be considered for assistantships and scholarships. Funding is extremely limited. Priority goes to current graduate students and new graduate students entering from an undergraduate program at WSU. External applicants are not normally considered for an assistantship or scholarship until their second year in the program.