The Administrative Manager is responsible for managing the administrative functions for the School of Design and Construction (SDC) and providing confidential support to the director. This position serves as the primary financial and personnel officer of the department. The individual is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, coordinating and controlling all fiscal and personnel services for the School of Design and Construction while exercising independent judgment and decision making authority. This position provides counsel, coordinates appropriate procedures and/or implements all personnel appointments, promotions, transfers, retirements, dismissals and separations, Family Medical Leave, etc., in compliance with WSU policies. This position provides support and maintenance of all budgetary applications and oversees the operation of the business and finance portion of the unit. Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing and reviewing unit budget processes for requests and fiscal year allocations for all funding (state, revenue, facilities and administrative returns and enrollment based models). The SDC is administered by the Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture (VCEA).
- Positions require a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and four (4) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified which has included at least one (1) year of supervisory experience. A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute for one (1) year of professional work experience. Any combination of relevant education and professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year‐for‐year basis.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Supervisory experience including, but not limited to hiring, training, evaluation, and/or recommending disciplinary action.
- Experience with Washington State University budget, accounting and personnel systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse clientele.
- Experience working in an academic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, and manage multiple projects and events.
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service.
- Experience in developing budget forecasts.
- Proficiency in Workday and Microsoft 365 environment, including TEAMS, OneDrive, Sharepoint, spreadsheets, word processing, calendaring and email.
Commensurate on qualifications and experience
100%, 12 month
Screening will begin on May 13, 2021 and will continue until the position has been filled.
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume 2) a cover letter and 3) contact information for professional references. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.