All students coming into the SDC are required to have a laptop computer that meet certain specifications. SDC’s computing infrastructure is Windows-based and all software/class instruction is given on Microsoft Windows-based computers.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise, or Pro
- CPU Type: Single or Multi-Core Intel, Xeon, or i-Series processor or AMD equivalent with SSE2 technology. Highest affordable CPU speed rating is recommended.
- Hard Disk: 500 GB minimum, 1 TB recommended
- Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080, HiDPI display support
- Memory: 16-32 GB RAM
- Graphics: 64 bit dedicated (discrete) video card supporting Microsoft DirectX12 and Open GL 2.0 capable
- Software purchases will be required depending on the class or made available via Citrix
Students that are a certified major or graduate student in one of the design programs at the SDC are charged a student computing fee of $80/semester ($160/year). Certified construction management students are charged $60/semester ($120/year). Fees are applied to student accounts at the beginning of each semester and support the cloud-based software and computing environment at the SDC. The fee reduces personal computing software and hardware requirement costs incurred by students.
Students that are a certified major or graduate student in one of the design programs at the SDC are charged a shop fee of $55/semester ($110/year). Fees are applied to student accounts at the beginning of each semester and provide access to high-quality equipment and supplies for both digital and traditional model-making, prototyping, and large-scale fabrications.