The M.A. Interior Design program accepts applications for each Fall semester through the priority deadline of January 10. Applications may be accepted after that date on a space available basis. Admission decisions will be sent by March 15 via e-mail from SDC.Info@wsu.edu.
Submit to Graduate School
The following items must be submitted directly to the WSU Graduate School:
- Online application and application fee ($75)
- Please note, the M.A. Interior Design program is not able to provide fee waivers for the application fee.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Your references will be contacted automatically through the online application system when you enter their information on the application. Your references’ recommendations will come directly to the Graduate School electronically; there is no need for a paper copy of the recommendation.
- International student documents (if applicable)
- GRE scores are not required for this program.
Submit to M.A. Interior Design Program
The following materials must be submitted to SDC.Info@wsu.edu with subject line “M.A. Interior Design Application.”
- Personal statement (250-500 words): describing your reasons for pursuing graduate study in interior design at Washington State University. Discuss your personal values and beliefs regarding design and how you expect to build upon your ideas through your graduate studies.
- Resume: that includes principal extra-curricular activities in which you actively participated, and offices held, if any; honors, awards, financial aid, publications, and professional organizations and licensure; employment during or since post-secondary schooling, with most recent listed first; list of travel and other notable experiences not included in employment record.
- Digital Portfolio of design work using high-quality images and a brief narrative of each project representing the applicant’s highest ability and skill in areas of design, drawing and representation, model making, freehand drawing, diagramming, and overall creativity. Painting, sculpture, watercolor, creative writing, photography or other fine arts may be included. If professional work is submitted, identify your specific involvement in the project. Maximum 10 pages double sided (20 pages total).
- Scanned copy of transcripts (unofficial is acceptable) and English language test scores (TOEFL or IELTS if applicable).