Because the school receives more applications from qualified students than can be accommodated, screening for entry into the second year is based on the applicant fulfilling the minimum requirements listed and the applicant’s overall gpa.
To be considered for admission, an applicant must:
1. Qualify for admission into Washington State University.
2. Complete the first year as listed herein under pre-construction management.
3. Earn a grade of C or better in COM 102 or H D 205, CST M 102, HISTORY 105, 120, 121, ECONS 101, 102, ENGLISH 101, GEOLOGY 101, MATH 171, and another course that meets a University Common Requirement (UCORE) other than those previously listed. For applicant screening, the highest grade will be used.
4. Complete and submit an application to the Construction Management program by May 1. (Grade records for transfer students for the semester or quarter must be available to the construction management program coordinator before June)
5. Maintain an overall minimum gpa of 2.5.
The construction management program head reviews all applications and makes recommendation to the School of Design and Construction’s admissions and academic affairs committee regarding applicants. Selection will be made on or about June 15; all applicants will be notified of their status by letter e-mailed from the SDC.