The SDC maintains moderated listservs as follows:
- Admitted to the Major in Architecture: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admitted to the Major in Construction Management: email@example.com
- Admitted to the Major in Interior Design: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admitted to the Major in Landscape Architecture: email@example.com
These lists are used to distribute important information regarding events, announcements, deadlines, etc. Submissions may be sent by students, faculty, and staff directly to the list (as noted above) and a designated moderator will approve, deny, or discard the request according to the guidelines below.
- Use a Meaningful Subject Line. When sending messages to a mailing list, please make sure they have a clear and descriptive entry on the “Subject:” line.
- Provide Context. Every posting should begin with a clear introduction to the topic, or offer some kind of reference to the topic or a previous posting.
- Contact Information. Provide the name, title, and contact info for the person sending the message and/or where questions should be directed.
- Message should be carefully proofed by the sender to ensure accuracy with regards to spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Members whose messages do not meet minimum expectations will be notified with a chance to revise the submission. Posts may be excluded permanently from future participation if deemed necessary.
- Personal Mail. Send personal messages directly to individuals, not by way of the list.
- Quality of Communication. As a moderated list, all posts will be reviewed for appropriateness before distribution.
The e-mail list of students is updated each semester by the academic program manager or his/her designee. Students may unsubscribe themselves directly via the “unsubscribe” link provided in the e-mail should they no longer wish to receive announcements. Students are not encouraged to unsubscribe unless they have graduated or discontinued enrollment in a program at the school.