Students are eligible for corporate and privately supported scholarships and achievement awards offered by School of Design and Construction, the Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture, and the College of Agricultural, Human and Natural Resource Sciences.
To be eligible for scholarship consideration, complete the Washington State University General Scholarship Application by January 31. Also be sure to fill out the FAFSA by November 30 to ensure your eligibility for the widest range of scholarships and need-based financial aid.
Robert W. Thunen Memorial Scholarship
• Deadline April 1 for fall 2017-2018 school year
• $1000-$5000 scholarship for:
o Third or fourth year undergraduate student or graduate student in fields related to lighting – architecture, electrical engineering, interior design, theater, film/TV, lighting design, vision or a field clearly related to lighting.
• Students must be in Northern CA, Northern NV, Oregon or Washington state.
• For more information, please visit: http://www.iessf.net/scholarship/robert-w-thunen-memorial-scholarships/
The Seattle section of AACE International, the Authority for Total Cost Management for Projects, announces the opening of the 2017 Scholarship for college students.If you would like more information about AACE International, please see HERE.
1. Residency – Applicants shall be Washington State residents at the time of application. Proof of residency can include driver’s license, voter registration or utility bills for the past two billing periods.
2. Eligible programs – Academic programs that could use the AACE International Total Cost Management (TCM) framework including, but not limited to:
• Building Construction
• Business Administration
• Building Construction
• Built Environment
• Construction Management
• Computer Science and/or Information Technology
• Engineering (including Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering, and Electrical Engineering) Other potentially relevant programs are subject to Section Board approval.
3. Eligible colleges – Washington State Colleges or Universities with eligible Programs.
4. Matriculation Status: Undergraduates who have declared a major in one of the above eligible programs, subject to acceptance into that program.
5. Award Amount – $1,500
6. Academics: The undergraduate student must have been accepted to an eligible program and have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale with transcript.
7. Recommendation – The student must provide a letter of recommendation from their academic program or other non-related professional attesting to the applicant’s character.
8. Essay – An one-page essay limited to 500 words that describes the applicant’s academic and eventual professional intent along with any statement of financial need.
Criteria for Evaluation:
• GPA – 100 points
• Recommendation – 100 points
• Career Goals – 100 points
• Financial Need – 100 points
9. Payment of Award – The award shall be paid to the College or University as a credit towards the student’s tuition.
Post-marked by Saturday 3/18/2017
Anticipated Date of Award:
Thursday, April 13, 2017 at the AACE Seattle Section meeting
Applications Should Be Addressed to:
AACE International – Seattle Section
c/o Brian Smith – Director of Education
P.O. Box 61364
Seattle, WA 98141
The 2017 Bullitt Environmental Fellowship
The Bullitt Foundation will start to accept applications for the Bullitt Environmental Fellowship beginning January 1st. Each year, one graduate student attending a university physically located in British Columbia, Washington State, or Oregon is selected for this prestigious award of $100,000, distributed over two years.
Eligible candidates will have a strong academic record, a demonstrated capacity for leadership, the promise of emerging as an environmental leader, and be nominated by a university faculty member. Students of color, those who come from a disadvantaged background, or who have overcome significant hardship are highly encouraged to apply for this award.
Deadline to apply is April 1, 2017. Go to our website for more information, FAQ’s, and complete application instructions.
Apply to win $2,500 for your education. We’re excited to announce the new Houzz Scholarship Program. Our goal is to support the next generation of students studying architecture, interior design, landscape architecture and construction management. We are looking for the best, brightest, and most innovative students in residential design and construction.
We welcome all students 17 years of age or older currently enrolled or plan to enroll in interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, architectural engineering, or construction management programs in the U.S. to apply for one of our four scholarships. These scholarships are open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
Deadline to apply is June 30, 2017.
Graduate School Scholarships
The Graduate School is pleased to announce several scholarships available for graduate students for spring 2016 and fall 2017. Students must be nominated by the Dean of the college and meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship for which they are nominated. Some scholarships include awards to several students, and range from $1,000 to $4,000 per year. The nominations will be vetted by individual colleges sending the top candidates to the Graduate School. Each college will have their own internal deadlines. The Graduate School submission deadline is listed on the Graduate School scholarship website. Information can be found at http://gradschool.wsu.edu/Scholarships/.
Scholarships will be awarded on the strength of the required documentation, including areas such as leadership skills, research, quality of a master’s thesis, GPA and scholarly activities. Students may request nomination for any of the scholarships.
Cost of Attendance
Estimated expenses (inlcuding tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board) are available at Student Financial Services.
SDC Teaching Assistantships
The application period for spring 2017 has closed. Information for fall 2017 positions will be posted by April 1.
Pullman Campus Graduate Assistantships
Click here for positions availble outside the SDC.