Academic Advising/Coordination (75%)
- Serve as the main point of contact and advisor for current, prospective, and incoming undergraduate students.
- Maintain full awareness and be conversant about advising issues as a certified advisor and participate in continuing education/training;
- Assist students in selecting appropriate courses, developing degree plans, and monitoring progress toward certification and graduation;
- Advise transfer students, field inquiries about program policies and prerequisites, and advise potential students regarding equivalencies and transfer credits;
- Coordinate certification process to include receiving and reviewing application materials and notifying students of decisions;
- Administer creation and dissemination of student correspondence and maintain accurate student files for use in advising;
- Prepare documentation and assist with reinstatement and SAP appeal processes;
- Work with academic program manager, program heads, and other appropriate university offices in the resolution of academic problems and deficiencies, and specific student needs.
Recruitment and Retention (25%)
- Coordinate with college recruitment staff for prospective student events and activities;
- Represent programs at school, college, and university events;
- Meet with prospective students and develop schedules for on-campus visits;
- Represent the programs at various SDC and university meetings and on relevant committees as necessary;
- Assist with articulation agreements, accreditation reports, course schedule, and curriculum/catalog updates as requested;
- Participate in other program and SDC events as needed;
- Perform other duties as essential for the effective operation of the programs and the SDC.