Summary of Duties
The academic program manager provides leadership for academic program unit activities with additional responsibility related to travel experiences, marketing and recruitment, and graduate program coordination.
Academic Program Management (40%)
- Manage operational activities for the academic program unit and provide students, faculty, and the public with information and interpretation of policies and activities;
- Serve as member of leadership team and provide feedback, information, and guidance regarding the current and future directions of the school;
- Facilitate work of academic coordinators in activities relative to student recruitment, admissions, advising, major certification, and academic progress;
- Provide oversight for development and implementation of course schedules, teaching assignments, course fees, evaluations, curriculum and catalog updates, and room usage;
- Organize teaching assistant application and award process each semester;
- Provide assistance with coordination and promotion of SDC events;
- Serve on SDC, college, and/or university committees and assist with assessment and accreditation activities as requested.
Travel Experience Development and Administration (30%)
- Work with SDC leadership team to develop opportunities relative to strategic planning initiatives at the school, college, and university levels;
- Contribute to meetings with students to promote travel experiences (e.g. study tours, study abroad) and prepare them for participation;
- Provide guidance in the development of itineraries and travel logistics relative to course fee budgets and university policies;
- Advise students of conduct policies and facilitate collection of signed forms prior to travel;
- Participate in travel experiences as requested.
Student Recruitment and Retention (30%)
- In cooperation with SDC leadership, work to develop goals and implement strategies that enhance student recruitment and retention efforts;
- Manage content maintenance for the SDC website and social media pages to include writing and editing content and updating imagery;
- Contribute to creation and dissemination of marketing materials;
- Support development and implementation of new degree programs at the SDC, and articulation agreements with community colleges and foreign institutions;
- Actively participate in recruiting activities for the SDC;
- Provide coordination for graduate programs to include prospective student inquiries, applications and admissions, and progress towards graduation;
- Monitor maintenance of enrollment records and make projections of enrollment trends;
- Manage a variety of methods and tools to ensure consistent communication with current and prospective students.