Summary of Duties
Under general direction from the administrative manager, the administrative assistant (II) provides administrative support services, serves as a receptionist, and assists with special projects for the SDC. The following is an abbreviated version of the full position description.
Administrative Support – 45%
- Serve as the SDC’s primary receptionist and interact with people in a positive and professional manner in person, via e-mail, and on the telephone;
- Provide general information regarding academic programs, policies, and procedures;
- Lead organization of SDC events including catering and facility needs;
- Manage seminar and conference room usage and arrange Skype for Business connections;
- Supervise student employees on specific tasks and assignments (e.g. maintenance of office equipment and supplies, mail, key inventory, building access, facility and storage needs);
- Maintain poster boards in Carpenter, Daggy, and Dana, and TV monitor in Carpenter (OTIS);
- Assist with posting events to the college calendar, social media, and dean’s newsletter;
- Generate facilities requests for repairs and maintenance;
- Record accurate minutes from monthly faculty/staff meetings;
- Assist with reports, correspondence, and record keeping as necessary.
Purchasing, Travel, and Personnel 50%
- Coordinate activities for purchasing (e.g. requests, approvals, distribution of merchandise);
- Coordinate activities for travel (e.g. authorizations, arrangements, reimbursements);
- Assist administrative manager with budget records and accounts management as needed;
- Maintain leave reports for all SDC faculty and staff;
- Generate and track student worker hours through Daily Activity Reports;
- Process PERMS appointments as directed by the administrative manager;
- Assist with temporary appointment payroll data for PEARS certification;
- Maintain records and files as essential.
Other duties – 5%
- Attend SDC, college, and university meetings and serve on committees as necessary;
- Assist with special projects as needed;
- Performs other duties as essential for the effective operation of the SDC.