Spring 2014 schedule TBA
The School will host its second annual all-school portfolio competition this fall for students of the School of Design and Construction. The competition consists of two categories. One is for undergraduate students and the other is for graduate students. The intention of this competition is to cultivate a culture of making portfolios regularly. We strongly encourage all year levels of students to participate in the competition. The competition seeks quality over quantity of projects. Certified students of the School of Design and Construction are eligible to enter the competition.
- Please sign up on the competition entry sheet at the front desk on the fifth floor of Carpenter Hall. When you sign up, in return you will receive a number. It is important for you to keep this number, because when you submit your portfolio, you will post your number on the first page. Your portfolio will be identified by this number rather than your name.
1. Portfolios must be 10 pages maximum.
2. Save your portfolio as a PDF file (10 MB maximum) and email to “email@example.com” by 10:00pm on Sunday,September 29.
Before submitting, reduce the size of the PDF file as follows:
1. Open your PDF file in Adobe Acrobat.
2. Click “Document” and choose “Reduce File Size”. Hit “OK”.
3. When you submit your portfolio, make sure to note which category (undergraduate or graduate) you are entering.
4. Post your registration number on the first page of your portfolio when you submit it. No names or images which indicate applicants may be included in portfolios.
10pm, Sunday, September 29
Competition introductory lecture:
Wednesday, August 28th at 12:10 – 1:00pm in Communications Addition 21
Announcement of winners (book awards) and Jury to be determined.