Recognizing Exceptional Design (R.E.D.) Student Portfolio Competition
- Two winners (an undergraduate student and a graduate student) will be selected.
- Both winners will be offered three-month internship at any U.S. MG2 office of their choosing.
- Both winners will receive a $500 per month housing stipend.
- Students can begin submitting their portfolios right away. The entry deadline is Friday, March 16, 2018.
All details can be found on red.mg2.com.
World Habitat Awards
The Awards were established in 1985 by the Building and Social Housing Foundation for the identification and the promotion of good habitat practices. Over the years, a large range of excellent habitat projects were identified in the countries of the global North and the global South. These projects of different sizes and shapes tackle a wide range of housing issues. From the very beginning, the focus has been not only on the identification of good housing practices but also in the sharing of knowledge and experience to others who can transfer them in their own situations.
Housing projects and approaches are sought that:
– demonstrate practical, innovative and sustainable solutions to current housing issues faced by countries all around the world
– can be transferred or adapted for use as appropriate
– are already being implemented or are completed ie not at design stage or very early stages of development
– view the term habitat from a broad perspective and bring other benefits as well, such as energy or water saving, income generation, social inclusion, community and individual empowerment, health benefits, capacity building or education
– Any individual, organisation or government who has an innovative and practical solution to housing needs and problems from any country of the world.
– More than one entry can be made by the same individual or organisation.
– Entries should relate to housing projects and processes that are either completed or in progress. Those that are at design stage only or in the very early stages of development cannot be considered.
– Previous entrants can re-submit in subsequent years providing that the project has been further developed in the intervening time period.
Entries to the 2018 competition can be made from 1 January to 31 March 2018. Enter HERE.