This semester, we will embark on several phenomenal projects whose ultimate success will reflect our excellent student talent. They are also a testament to the boundless energy of our faculty and staff and the everpresent support of alumni and donors.
- We recently received word from the U.S. Department of Energy that our SDC-led proposal was accepted for participation in the 2017 Solar Decathlon. We are starting this semester.
- We are embarking on an even larger Construction Management/Architecture Capstone project this semester, led for the second year in a row by Rick Cherf and Greg Kessler.
- We are thrilled again to have the support of IA|Interior Architects and CallisonRTKL to augment the junior-level and senior capstone Interior Design studios this semester.
- The College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences (CAHNRS) is supporting a focus for the Landscape Architecture program around issues of water and infrastructure.
- Our new Global Engagement in Design and Construction course kicks off with 30 students from Architecture and Interior Design and Matt Cohen, Darrin Griechen, and Jaime Rice as instructors. This year’s focus is the Netherlands.
- Our first-ever print version of an SDC Newsletter is currently in production. In the meantime, visit our News + Events page.
- The SDC Distinguished Guest Lecture Series (funding provided by the Tony Callison Memorial Fund) will be hosting four lecturers:
- Takashi Yanai, AIA, Partner in Charge of the Residential Studio, Ehrlich Architects, Jan. 27
- April Philips, FASLA, Principal, Landscape Architect, Design Works, Feb. 16
- Andrea Ponzi, Architect, Florence, Italy, Mar. 4
- Steven Rainville, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Principal, Olson Kundig, Mar. 21
- Campaign efforts continue for the SDC Virtual Laboratory and the BIM Lab. This link provides easy access to give online. As always, we are so grateful for your support.
We will keep our website up-t0-date with these and several other initiatives and accomplishments—both collective and individual—around the school this semester. And beyond.
Looking forward to another great semester. Thank you for making the SDC a fabulous place.
J. Philip Gruen
Associate Professor and Director
*feature photo credit Ashley Swanson