The School of Design and Construction (SDC) at Washington State University invites applications for five (5) permanent full-time faculty positions with 9-month academic appointments. The SDC is comprised of degree programs in Architecture, Construction Management, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, and a collaborative degree in Construction Engineering in conjunction with the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. The following (5) positions are available starting August 16, 2019 or as negotiated:
Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure Track) of Architecture and Construction Management Structures
Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure Track) of Interior Design
Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure Track) of Landscape Architecture
Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure Track) of Construction Engineering
Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure Track) OR Clinical Assistant Professor of Construction Management (Non-Tenure Teaching)
The SDC seeks to be the premier destination for integrated design and construction education in the nation. The SDC values:
- student success through transformative experiences;
- preparing workforce ready graduates through technical competence;
- being relevant through professional and community exchange;
- design and construction innovation through rigorous research and scholarship.
- Develop a research program demonstrated by external grant funding and publications in professional and/or academic journals (not required for clinical faculty);
- Teaching courses on built environment topics within the School;
- Participation in School committees and student mentoring;
- Willingness to offer continuing education and short courses to industry and students.
Specifics of job requirements and qualification vary by position. See long version descriptions at the Washington State University Job portal.
The positions are open until filled. Screening of applicants will begin on November 26, 2018.
A complete application must include:
- A letter of application outlining the candidate’s interests, qualifications, pertinent experience;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three references;
- An additional document (two-page maximum) indicating teaching philosophy and research agenda (not required for clinical faculty);
- A portfolio of creative work, teaching example(s) and/or scholarship (max. 10 pages) is required for the Interior Design and Landscape Architecture positions and optional for the other positions.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER.